Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 5 : Sun.15 Feb – Sat.21 Feb

Well another week has gone flying by! Two more months and I’ll be on a plane home again!! Andrew’s response to that would probably be ‘too bad, so sad!’ – it will be sad though I’m enjoying been back in India and spending time with Wendy and Ian and the kids and meeting lots of great people from around the globe here in Ooty! Started doing a little bit of painting this week – think I need a lot more practice!! Have also had to do a Junior School Staff Development session on ‘De Bono’s Thinking Hats’ and been working with DEL (Department of Enhanced Learning) sharing ideas on how to help students in their learning. Friday afternoon went off for a wander down to the market and managed to pick up my supply of fresh peas (that’s me shelling some) I love fresh peas, hate frozen peas! There was so much hustle and bustle down there! I haven’t managed to get lost in the market yet, thankfully, I just stick to my landmarks and I seem to do okay!!
On Saturday evening we had the Standard 9 boys dorm (19 boys plus the Dorm Parents and helpers – about 26 in total) arrive for a BBQ – with BBQ Chicken in a yummy orange, soya sauce and ginger marinade and huge burger patties. Then once it grew dark we all watched a movie on the front lawn. They set up the big screen, and the boys brought their sleeping bags to keep warm while they watched the original ‘Dad’s Army’ movie – it was a great evening with a few of the boys learning the art of BBQ-ing on a wood-burning BBQ from ‘Mrs McCabe’!